Pride and Prejudice, between the Sky and the Rose

Tuesday 7 April 2020


Dear Elektrica,

I’ve been a bit too happy and optimistic lately, I wonder where that has come from.  I promise this is not pretense. More often than not, happiness is overlooked and misunderstood. But the scatter-brained child I knew has been peeking, at a boundless sea of ideas that happiness has allowed her to see; which indeed has cleared my horizon off of ambiguity. I hope that you’re keeping your happiness locked up tight if you haven’t already discarded it. In such times as these, what shall be left to the admiration of posterity?

As I took a leisurely stroll in the garden of such beauty, I was reminded of my own importance. I wanted to lay it all out, to be useful, and to be true. In all such misery, the beauty of the world will remain, then why can’t I foster mine? 


A few months back, I had thought that I would never feel again. But it must be an innate desire to experience all that is good in this world. And so the past doesn’t scare me anymore, but has uncomplicated my life to its basic algorithm. I have burned the code into my brain, though done reluctantly; I have reaped its benefits exuberantly.


And even though my spirit fluttered with such feelings, it wasn’t until I met Elizabeth and Jane that I realized the sovereignty of such emotions; and more so, the desire to master them.  Elizabeth’s brazen opinions, her intrepid and gallant attitude were not impertinent as she saw them to be. It is only because being a woman of such faculty is disagreeable. And though this shouldn’t be the case now, it is; why else would such a character as hers pull at my heartstrings? Elizabeth is not tractable, she would never settle for anything less, even if her circumstances go against such affairs.


So her resolve became my wish. Her conversations with Jane instilled a vicarious forbearance into me. Her laugh reminded me of how short life is, and how very scarce happiness can be in such uncertain times. And how very perverse bitterness and anger can be, if not addressed directly to what has pained you.  Elektrica, I pray that you hold on to your sanity and rationale, the world requires it, now more than ever. J

Oh look, how much they grow in just a day. :)


The Heroine. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Vote for me! :)

The Indian Blogger Awards 2017
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS