Our First Dance

Monday 27 July 2020

Do you remember our first dance?

Far away from the bustling town,

Moving slowly, as if we were in a trance,

You lead me around.


You stretched your hand out in front of me,

Still moving backwards as if you couldn’t stop,

I remember turning bright red when I took your hand,

And you looked like a kid in a candy shop.


It all felt like a crime to me,

Yet the night, it seemed so grand,

We moved our feet to the sweet faint music,

While the ground beneath me sank.


Then you twirled me around in my little black dress,

And I gazed upward at the sky,

All the stars moved closer to our little space,

I was so happy I could die.


We just stood there under the unquiet sky,

While your eyes shimmered like a moonlit lake,

My heart was beating out of my chest,

So many miles to go, there was so much at stake.


Then we walked back around to your car,

You were smiling all the way,

So carefree, you taught me to be so unbound,

I’ll always remember that day.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Vote for me! :)

The Indian Blogger Awards 2017
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS