When the Heart-Shaped box broke

Saturday 25 July 2020

Love stretched the fibers within me taut, pulling me back to the center of this fixed diameter circle. This feeling was a deep transcendental experience, for a girl for whom love was the principal desideratum to happiness. These emotions of fear and wonder were so often concomitant with my silence. Because I was unconsciously drowning where I couldn’t be heard, or saved.

It was like a pitiful boondoggle, its phantasmagorical vision being the cornerstone of my heart, the sole motivation for my mind to realize it. I played the game of choices, and it was like trying to solve a puzzle with all the pieces laid face down. No direction, no plan.

Incontrovertible to say, the vision obscured my rationality, and like mildew, it flourished where it couldn’t be touched. But then I felt its guise disintegrating within my veins, collecting at my heart as heavy dregs of a terrible drink. Its bitter after-taste left on my tongue being the only alarm to jolt me from my drowse.


It was as if a pianissimo had recrudesced into a fortissimo, so abrupt were these emotions. Yet, it was a passionate andante in the middle, and a largo in the end. Now, the heart-shaped box has broken. The music stopped playing a long time ago. My heart is swimming in the clear water, as the broken pieces settle on the ocean floor. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Vote for me! :)

The Indian Blogger Awards 2017
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS