Pieces of me

Monday 22 April 2019


I said everything,
Yet it wasn’t enough,
As my words betrayed me,
The corners came untucked,

Your words grew to hurt me,
I tore myself apart,
On the road I once traveled,
I lost pieces of my heart.

Every rose grew its thorn,
As I concealed my fears from you,
I wasn’t supposed to mirror you,
Look at me now; and the life I once knew.

I took your advice, took my fall,
Guilt is the gift of defiance so I took a call,
To serve you with my reliance,
I gave my all.

The difference was what had made us,
Yet, you left me without a choice,
The innocence that has left me,
Will soon find my voice.

So, the child in me hates her, as the girl in me says, “Hold on”
Don’t get corrupted by the evil that men do, else it'll live on.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Vote for me! :)

The Indian Blogger Awards 2017
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS