My Valentine.

Wednesday 10 February 2021



My Valentine

 

Remember, when I was so happy,

Even the wind stayed as it caressed my shoulders,

Remember, how I was stuck in time,

With no rewind button,

But a future so carelessly imagined?

 

Remember, the books without any weight,

The nights without any fatigue,

And the light in my eyes, with my pupils dilated?

Remember, the little apartment in Paris,

And your scattered movie scripts

Mingled with my scattered designs?

 

Remember the fire, the passion, the thrill of being young,

The eyes that said too much, and the lips that moved on their own?

Remember when dreams were more important,

And acceptance was the dirt beneath our feet?

 

Remember…do you remember the love, the desire?

The soul that never wanted to settle…

…The wings that hadn’t been cut off?

 

Because I remember it all,

In my big room, with my big books,

I often fall,

On scattered and desolate dreams,

Of yours, of mine,

 

But I’m shining bright, alone,

Collecting the torn pieces of our identities,

My eyes still shine bright sometimes,

And the wind makes me laugh a lot,

The difference is that...no one is here to see it,

Not anymore



No comments:

Post a Comment

Vote for me! :)

The Indian Blogger Awards 2017
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS