The Blind List: The love that oozes out.

Monday 15 October 2018

Featured post on IndiBlogger, the biggest community of Indian Bloggers


Traveling to a place we’ve always wanted to explore is an enriching experience. A planned trip is a journey whose destination we surely know. But it brings me immense cognitive joy to think about the place I might end up at, knowing absolutely nothing prior to reaching there. Knowing that whichever place it would be, it will be different from where I really am, or maybe it would be the same place. But the curiosity and the thrill of travelling will make it worth it.


An unbridled lust, to explore different parts of the world, to meet new people, to learn to live, to fall in love with all of it, is now what has taken over my bucket list.

In the past twenty-one years, I must have traveled as many places as I could count on my fingertips. Therefore, I would not call myself a traveler and neither have I been a tourist in another country. But, it would be absurd of me to not have a list of places I would love to visit and explore. Therefore, I do have a quite vague list that I started making since when I was in 8th grade. Funnily it started off with Las Vegas, and to be precise the destination was supposed to be the Miami Space Club. I know, it sounds very outlandish for an 8th grader, but that’s how far-fetched our ideas used to be. The list goes on to experiencing drinking champagne in Venice and ends somewhere at going to watch the Northern lights, or visiting the Deception Island  in Antarctica. The list could go on and on, depending on the amount of obscure facts I could gather about a place.



There is something utterly romantic and heavenly about travelling, no, scratch that, travelling can’t be contained in a few lovely adjectives because it is mired in several different adjectives. When we travel, along with exploring myriads of paths and places, we also explore ourselves; our limitations, our strengths, our fears, our open-mindedness, our temperament. Travelling for me is indeed self-exploration in its truest sense.

I have dreamed, and I have imagined, of innumerable events taking place in a disjunctive world that holds no relation with reality. I have dreamed of walking in the streets, brushing past strangers, with a sense of belongingness. And at times, I have felt my heart beating out of my chest, and felt the rush of blood from falling deep into the ocean. And it’s all part of the adventure, of travelling to a different place, and therefore #TheBlindList, sounds tempting. It would be a glorious experience, to fall in love with the world, to experience everything to its extreme; all without knowing where you’re going to end up at. Moreover, it would be a life lesson in disguise, quite literally!


Even if I end up at the same place where I’m at, give me a few new directions which lead up to where I am, if perception is all I’ll gain, I’m happy with it. I’m the one who purports not to follow blindly, and I purport to be rebellious. Ironically, a blind destination will soothe my conscience and feed my rebellious nature, even though I’ll be following blindly, a path not known to me before.

A misadventure onto the barren land, onto a mysterious cobbled street, and a voyage into the uncharted seas- the blind list could entail only this vast expanse filled with adventure, filled only with what is unpredictable.


My eyes gleam, my head is full of dreams of such shades of skies which I’ve never witnessed before. I am walking upwards, defeating gravity. I’m floating on the land, flying over oceans, exploring possibilities and visiting places; where the air is a bit cooler, where the trees are a bit taller and where the dreams are much bigger.



The sea is spreading its wings before me,
The eyes, they cling to the skies,
The blue amalgamates to orange,
As the sun sets in paradise,
The air gets warmer,
As the fire emulates the stars of the night,
Back home the skies are formulating,
As I fall in love with the world tonight.


___________________________________________________


Check out #TheBlindList campaign! :) And #SayYesToTheWorld!

The wings to my words-









No comments:

Post a Comment

Vote for me! :)

The Indian Blogger Awards 2017
 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS